AEGIS was front and center during the National Health IT (NHIT) Week – HIMSS Awards Reception. Individuals recognized at the awards reception include:
- Liz Johnson, Vice President, Applied Clinical Informatics at Tenet Healthcare as the recipient of CHIME’s 2nd Annual Federal Public Policy Award for CIO Leadership based on her participation in CHIME federal policy efforts.
- The Honorable Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-Connecticut) as the recipient of the HIMSS Congressional Health IT Leadership Award as a strong supporter and Honorary Co-Chair of the Capitol Hill Steering Committee on Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics.
- Judy Murphy, Chief Nursing Officer and Director, Office of Clinical Quality and Safety, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) as the recipient of the HIMSS Federal Health IT Leadership Award for advancing the vision of using health IT to improve healthcare and lower costs, while promoting consumers’ greater understanding and use of IT for their own health.
- The Honorable Senator Rosalyn Baker (D-Hawaii) as the recipient of the HIMSS State Legislator of the Year Award for her longtime advocacy for access to healthcare and community health issues, such as care for elders. In addition Senator Baker was instrumental in developing the Hawaii Health Insurance Exchange.
For our second year – AEGIS was a corporate partner in support of NHIT with our participation in the 4th Annual Consumer Health IT Summit, HL7 September 2014 Plenary & Working Group Meeting, HIMSS Policy Summit and Interoperability Showcase.
NHIT Week has been busy! You may have missed some of our blitz on the social media front – blogs, tweets and articles about our vision, contribution and strategy for the advancement of health IT. Here’s a quick recap:
- HIE Governance: History Review and Intro to 10-year Interoperability Vision
- National Health IT Week (#NHITweek) Rant: Point-of-care Interoperability – #FAIL!
- DIL 3.0 Release Improves Patient Safety by Validating Interoperability
- 2015 Connectathon Countdown: Preparation Best Practices
- AEGIS Staff Co-Moderates the HIMSS-NCA September 18th Educational Session during National Health IT Week
- Interoperability – Why is it Taking So Long?
- 2015 Connectathon Countdown: Action Required (NOW!)
- AEGIS Becomes Health Level Seven (HL7) Benefactor
If you will be attending the AHIMA 86th Convention and Exhibit later this month – don’t miss our presentation Test Early and Often – “Not One and Done”: A New Model for Interoperability Testing. AEGIS has also been selected to participate in the ONC Vendor Outreach Day scheduled on Thursday, October 9th at the Patriots Plaza III Building located at 355 E Street SW, Washington, DC 20024.