AEGIS is a Platinum Sponsor of the 2009 American Council of Technology/Industry Advisory Council (ACT/IAC) Small Business Conference which will be held on March 24th, 2009 at the Westin Arlington Gateway Hotel. The theme of the conference is, “A Dialogue for Partnership: A Collaborative Information Exchange Between Government and Industry.” Over the past several months, AEGIS has worked closely with Government Co-Chair, Marc Weisman, Executive Director of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the Department of Health and Human Services, along with the ACT/IAC planning committee to plan this timely and relevant day of government-industry interaction.
AEGIS Founder and Senior Vice President, Mario Hyland, will be a featured panelist for the morning plenary entitled, “Navigating Towards an Interoperable Health IT Environment”. As a senior performance engineer on the Department of Veterans Affairs, MyHealtheVet (MHV) program, Mr. Hyland also serves on the program’s Architecture Review Board, Change Control Board and Risk Management Team. Mr. Hyland will contribute his personal, professional and small business perspectives to the topic of ensuring the success of this national imperative. Also featured on the panel are:
- Dr. Paul Tibbits – Deputy Chief Information Officer for Enterprise Development for the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Jack Jones – NIH Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Ginger Price – NwHIN Program Coordinator, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Moderator/Facilitator – Sharon Jones, BusinessGenetics
The 2009 ACT/IAC Small Business Conference will feature a full day of workshops and plenary sessions which address the unique roles, needs and challenges of small businesses as they work to support the missions of their government IT customers. Program sessions are built around challenges and opportunities to improve performance throughout this government/industry partnership, and will address such topics as:
- Movement towards interoperable health IT standards
- Earned Value Management
- Performance Based Acquisitions
- Evolving Procurements
- Impact of the new administration on small business contracting
For more information and to register for the conference, visit the ACT/IAC Small Business Conference web page.