The AEGIS Developers Integration Lab (DIL) team celebrated the Alpha release of DIL 3.0 last week, and we are proud to share some of the highlights here as a preview of the public DIL 3.0 release scheduled for late August:
- Seamless support of multiple test systems under a single participant account, thanks to a redesigned data model and the ability to specify which specifications are exercised by each test system.
- Greater interoperability testing coverage, starting with the addition of the HL7 Immunization profile.
- Dramatic reduction in the number of test patients required thanks to the decoupling of patient ID from the identity of test execution records.
- Better participant visibility into testing results, thanks to re-vamped association of tests case results to participants.
- Increased performance–despite increased functionality–provides the scalability needed as health information exchange networks reach critical mass and testing volume explodes.
- Key enablers include simplified methods for mapping request and response messages to participants and test cases, plus significant database design refinements.
This is a short summary, but these are big additions to the DIL, and there were hundreds of individual tasks and thousands of development hours invested in making this happen.
Alpha, of course, means “pre-Beta,” and “Beta” means pre-launch, so our team still has a full plate for the next 6-8 weeks. Special thanks to our Alpha users (you know who you are) and the Healtheway team for working so closely with us to help the DIL team focus on the features and improvements that do the most to accelerate interoperability testing.
The AEGIS DIL provides Testing as a Service (TaaS) for HIE participants and the leading providers of Health IT products and services. The DIL is the only testing solution which performs conformance testing at the level of overall message, discrete message element, message segment (required in a multi-spec type message) and complete end-to-end message exchanges. This results in seamless coverage of all stages of testing: during development, through UAT and pre-production or Validation/Certification for the healthcare industry.
For more information about the DIL, see http://www.aegis.net/dil.html.