Next week – HIMSS16 will offer a Veterans Career Services Boot Camp for individuals transitioning from military service to a career in the Health Information Technology (IT) field. HIMSS, in collaboration with nine other leading organizations in health IT will offer round-table discussions on topics ranging from:
- Connected Health/Mobile
- Clinical Informatics & Engagement
- Big Data/Data Analytics
- EHRs/Meaningful Use
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) & Interoperability
- Risk Management /Solutions
- IT Infrastructure, HIT Standards & Medical Device Integration
AEGIS.net, Inc. (AEGIS), a HIMSS Gold Corporate Member, will be leading the round-table discussions on the challenges & barriers to implementing and testing “continuous” interoperability. This allows individuals and organizations the opportunity to engage, explore and evaluate relevant technologies (e.g., The Touchstone Project – a centralized, community-wide, cloud-based testing platform) and start projects with a goal of being seen by the industry as an early adopter.
HIMSS & AEGIS are both committed to assisting our veteran population gain knowledge of professional development and employment opportunities within Health IT. It’s a great opportunity to learn about the exciting impact and knowledge sharing AEGIS continues to provide to the healthcare industry.
- Monday, February 29 | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST) | Galileo 904
- Health IT Round Table Discussions begin 1:00– 3:30 PM (PST)